Creamy, nutty, and tangy, this Lemon Herb Tahini is sure to be a new favorite! This naturally vegan recipe is so easy to whip up and with just a few simple ingredients. Keep it thick for a sauce or thin it out to make a dressing. Yum!
This zippy Cava-inspired dressing is a great one to add to your rotation of homemade condiments. It's fresh, citrusy, and quite versatile.
Simple, nutritious ingredients are all you need and it's ready in less than 5 minutes!
Drizzle it over your salads, sandwiches, or grain bowls. Or, use it as a dipping sauce for your falafel, pita bread, or veggies.
Reasons To Love This Recipe
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Quick and easy to make
- Just a few simple ingredients
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Tahini - Use any tahini for this Mediterranean sauce. If it isn't salted, add ¼ tsp.
- Lemon Juice - Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds a refreshing citrus tang.
- Herbs - Fresh parsley and cilantro leaves pack this sauce full of herby flavor.
- Warm Water - A little warm water is used to thin out the tahini.
- Maple Syrup - This natural sweetener brings a lovely balance.
- Garlic Powder - Perfect for a garlic herb flavor. You can use fresh garlic if you prefer.
How to Make Homemade Lemon Herb Tahini
Here are some quick visual steps. Find the full recipe with exact measurements on the recipe card below.
You can combine the lemon herb tahini in a blender, processor, or chop the herbs and stir it manually by hand.
I find it easier to just add everything to a food processor and pulse until it’s smooth and creamy.
Check and see if you’d like to add more seasoning and/or if you’d like to make a little thinner with more water. Keep in mind that it will thicken over time.
This sauce is good in the refrigerator for 5-7 days in a sealed container such as a mason jar.
Recipe Variation Ideas
- Up the herb factor with oregano.
- Add lemon zest for even more of a tangy edge.
- Sprinkle in some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Make Thai Noodle Salad or BBQ Pizza with remaining cilantro.
- Bake healthy Blueberry Lemon Muffins with the rest of the lemon.
- Use leftover parsley in Broccoli Beet Salad or Roasted Tomato Soup.
More Vegan Sauces
I hope you love this recipe! Please consider leaving a star rating and comment below. You can get my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Lemon Herb Tahini
- Add the parsley and cilantro leaves to a food processor or high-speed blender. Top them will all of the other ingredients.
- Pulse the blender or processor until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Taste it to see if you'd like to add more seasoning and check the consistency to see if you'd like to make it thinner with a little more water.
- You can mix it manually by finely chopping the herbs and whisking everything together by hand.
- This tahini will thicken as it sits.
- Store it in a sealed container for 5 days in the refrigerator.
The nutrition information is estimated and can vary depending on brands and measurements used.