This baked Vegan Feta Pasta is so luscious and comforting! Delicious pasta is smothered in a creamy oven-roasted tomato-feta sauce and tossed with spinach and flavorful herbs. This easy veganized version of the TikTok viral recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes!
The amazing flavors of this meal come together so nicely and make for the perfect weeknight meal!
It’s such a lovely dish that was originally created by Liemessa, a food blogger in Finland, which later took off on social media.
When I saw this appetizing baked feta pasta trend, I knew I had to veganize it! I’ve also squeezed in some fresh baby spinach for extra nutrition and vegan parmesan for more of a cheesy flavor.
Just imagine roasted tomatoes, garlic, fresh spinach, and Italian-herb flavors swirled around with vegan cheeses and your favorite noodles. It’s like a dream come true!
Get My Latest Recipes Sent Right To Your Inbox! Click Here To Subscribe To My Email List!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Tomatoes - Use grape or cherry tomatoes. I like to select the smallest-sized tomatoes to ensure loads of flavor.
- Garlic - If you’re a garlic lover like me, feel free to use more in this recipe!
- Vegan Feta - This is THE ingredient that makes this whole recipe what it is. I tried several brands of vegan feta and found Violife or Trader Joe's to be excellent for it. Vegan cream cheese or another vegan cheese block can serve as a replacement if needed.
- Herbs - There is nothing better than the combination of oregano and basil in my opinion! I use fresh basil and dried oregano but either form works. You can also add more of your favorite herbs.
- Seasoning - Feel free to adjust the salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Olive Oil - Just a bit of olive oil to help with roasting the tomatoes and garlic.
- Pasta - Choose your favorite bite-sized pasta. You can even use gluten-free.
- Spinach - Fresh spinach (or kale) is a wonderful addition to this pasta dish.
- Vegan Parmesan - Use your favorite Vegan Parmesan. Nutritional yeast or vegan mozzarella would work as well.
How to Make Vegan Feta Pasta
Here are some quick visual steps. Find the full recipe with exact measurements on the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven and peel the garlic cloves.
Add the tomatoes and garlic cloves to a large, oven-safe dish. No need to cut either of them. Cover them with most of the oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil, then stir to coat.
Place the vegan feta in the center of the dish and sprinkle the remaining olive oil and seasoning over it.
Bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until some of the tomatoes are bursting and the vegan feta has started to melt.
Meanwhile, boil the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions.
Chop the baby spinach and basil leaves while the other ingredients are cooking.
Remove the dish from the oven and smash the garlic, tomatoes, and feta with a fork. Then, stir everything together to form a creamy sauce.
Place the spinach and basil on top of the sauce and then cover them with the drained, hot pasta. Let this sit for a few minutes to allow time for the leaves to wilt.
Add the vegan parmesan and stir everything together until the pasta is fully coated.
Recipe Variation Ideas
- Add a squeeze of lemon for some tang.
- Mix in some vegan sausage for a heartier bite.
- Increase the protein by adding chickpeas or tofu.
- Make it spicy with red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Toss in cooked veggies such as mushrooms, bell peppers, or asparagus.
- Bake a veggie-filled Breakfast Casserole with any remaining baby spinach.
- Make these roasted tomato and avocado Sandwiches with leftover basil leaves.
Frequently Asked Questions
This feta pasta can be prepared ahead of time. The best way to do this would be to make the creamy tomato basil sauce in the oven ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready, reheat the sauce in the oven while the pasta is boiling. Then, toss everything together as written on the recipe card below.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3 days. Reheat this pasta covered in the oven or microwave until heated throughout. Leftovers will be just as delicious but not as saucy as the pasta would have absorbed much of it. You can add a bit of vegetable broth or plant-based milk to make it creamier.
Related Vegan Italian-Inspired Recipes
I hope you love this recipe! Please consider leaving a star rating and comment below. You can get my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Vegan Feta Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and peel the garlic cloves. Add the tomatoes and garlic cloves to a large, oven-safe dish. Cover them with most of the oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil, then stir to coat.
- Place the feta into the center of the dish and sprinkle the remaining olive oil and seasoning over it. Bake this in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until some of the tomatoes are bursting and the vegan cheese has started to melt.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions (10-12 minutes). Chop the baby spinach and basil leaves while the other ingredients are cooking.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Smash the garlic cloves, tomatoes, and feta with a fork. Stir everything together to form a creamy sauce. Add the spinach and basil to the creamy mixture, and then cover them with the drained pasta. Let this sit for 3-4 minutes to allow time for the leaves to wilt.
- Add the vegan parmesan and stir everything together until the pasta is fully coated. Garnish the dish with more parmesan and basil. Enjoy!
The nutrition information is estimated and can vary depending on brands and measurements used.